Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is There Anything Authentic to my Generation?

I believe there is nothing my generation can call its own without it being connected to major corporations. Being known as the “ipod generation” is something that really doesn’t bother me. My world as I have ever known it has been surrounded and covered with advertisements and flooded with big business. Essentially I feel like we own these businesses because they spend so much time and energy looking into our culture and what we want and how to get us to buy what they are selling, that we are the life of their company. Although we cannot say we are the “Radio generation” or the “Television generation” the teenagers today have more power in the economy and market than ever before. We could compare the “ipod generation” with the others mentioned however ipod is automatically associated with Apple. Overall, I don’t really mind that we don’t have something so unique to our culture but that idea that we have to so much power and control is something to credit our generation with.

No comments: