Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gay Marriage

Liberal Viewpoint:
  • Its okay.
  • How does it affect a third party?
  • Should allowed to legally wed.
  • Seperation of church and state

Conservative Viewpoint:

  • Wrong
  • Goes against the Bible
  • Should not allowed to be legally wed because it is a "scared cememony between a man and a woman"

Again, I am very liberal on gay marriage. I don't see why two men or women proclaiming their love is a problem for anyone else. Marriage is just a continuation of a relationship. I also believe the Catholic church should stay out of the government regulating this issue because in our Constitution it calls for a seperation of church and state. I understand that it may go against certain religions, but all religions feel differently on certain issues, so why is this one so prevelant? I also understand that gay marriage would go against the Bible, but times have changed and as a society we are more aware that people to feel this way and that we need to learn to adapt with it. Bottom line is that I don't see why if two men or women want to be together, who am I or who is the government to say that they can not proclaim that and take their relationship to the level of heterosexuals?

No comments: