Monday, May 19, 2008

School Prayer

Liberal view on school prayer: should NOT be allowed, seperation of church and state, and the belief that we live in a multicultural society and no one viewpoint should come before another.

Conservative view: should be allowed, our country was founded on Christian values and beliefs and should stay that way.

Personally, I go liberal on this issue. I believe there should be a seperation of church and state and that public schools should not have school prayer. I believe this because today there are so many different religions and those should be celebrated too. I also think that if one prayer to one God is happening at school, the one kid that is Jewish or Muslim might feel left out and even picked on because they practice a different religion. I believe a school without prayer creates a more open environment.

No comments: